7 Cholesterol Lowering Foods You Should Eat
In this article, you’ll read about 7 practical foods that can help you to lower cholesterol. A lot of people seek medical advices like how can they manage their cholesterol levels and what they should be cutting out. Sometimes, its not about what you cut out or what you don’t have, its about what’s missing and what are you not adding into your diet.
- The first item would be AVOCADO and OLIVES. These contain mono-unsaturated fats. These are fats that are healthy and are good for us. We have different forms of cholesterol like bad cholesterol (LDL) and good cholesterol (HDL). The healthy fats that are find in foods such as olives, olive oil, avocado and avocado oil can actually help boost or push up the good cholesterol (HDL) , and that’s why they are good for us.
- The second food would be LEGUMES. Legumes is the name of group of foods like beans, that are incredibly high in soluble fibre. The soluble fibre has been known and shown in clinical trials to also help lower cholesterol. So, include high soluble fibre diet into your food on regular bases.
- Third item is LOWER FAT/FAT FREE DAIRY PRODUCTS. If you’re using milk, cheese and those kind of products that are really low in fat and ideally almost fat free. So, to use them in your cooking and baking or food preparation and when you’re having cheese, rather go for fat free cheese and use fat free milk instead of full cream milk.
- Brightly coloured FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. They tend to have high amounts of anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants are good for us, because the oxidants or oxidation can actually induce heart failure or heart attack because it damages your blood vessels. If you have high cholesterol, the cholesterol will stick to the damaged vessels and build up. By eating fruits and vegetables, that have anti-oxidants in them, they act a bit like little band aid that come along and where ever there is damage in your blood vessels, it seals them and help them to heal.
- SPICES, they add anti-oxidants and nutrients that can benefit you. Spices like, turmeric, garlic, ginger, coriander, cinnamon.
- OATS and OATBRAN. Oatbran is the concentrated fibre from oats. The soluble fibre is really good and helps to lower cholesterol. So, have oats a couple of times in a week and get your hands on some oatbran and then add that to smoothies, baking, and that can help boost your soluble fibre intake.
- FATTY FISH! By fatty fish we mean fish that have higher levels of the essential fatty acids, omega-3. These are fishes such as salmon, tuna or sardines.
About The Author
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/fitnessh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273